The ceremony will celebrate those retailers, bars, restaurants, market traders, cafes and leisure venues who play such a vital role in making Darlington a venue of choice for shopping, socialising and having fun.
There are 12 award categories to choose from and businesses in the town centre are encouraged to put themselves forward for as many categories as they can.
Submitted application forms will be assessed by Darlington Business Club who will determine the category shortlist and eventual winner which will be announced on the night.
Tickets for the event will be free of charge for businesses and will give all attending the opportunity to celebrate the very best of what Darlington has to offer.
The award categories are:
- Customer service team of the year (Sponsored by Queen Street shopping centre)
- Independent & specialist retailer of the year (Sponsored by tgi MEDIA)
- National retailer of the year (Sponsored by the Cornmill shopping centre)
- Best bar (Sponsored by Barker Proudlove)
- Hair, beauty and health retailer of the year (Sponsored by Latimer Hinks)
- Best café (Sponsored by HC One)
- Best restaurant (Sponsored by Angel HR)
- Professional / service Industry of the year (Sponsored by Mercure)
- Market trader of the year (Sponsored by Arriva)
- Leisure and arts venue of the year (Sponsored by Market Asset Management)
- Shooting star of the year (Sponsored by DL1)
- Fashion retailer of the year (Sponsored by Al Fornos)
Other sponsors, include Darlington Borough Council, Darlington Business Club, Sfedi Awards, Darlington Cares and the drink reception will be sponsored by Masons Gin.
Cllr Alan Marshall cabinet member for economy and regeneration said “I would encourage as many of our businesses as possible to put themselves forward for one or more of the awards on offer.
“An event such as this is a great way to celebrate all of the top class businesses we have here in Darlington and I hope as many people as possible get involved in making the first #LoveDarlo awards ceremony a huge success.”
Susan Young, manager of the Cornmill shopping centre said: “We are really excited to be getting behind this event and sponsoring an award and think it’s a fantastic way to celebrate everything our town has to offer as well as helping to put Darlington on the map as a town of choice for shopping and socialising.”
More information and how to nominate your business.
Nominations close on 8th August.